"Don't be a realist. Our world needs dreamers. Be an incurable optimist. And see your reality change. See it change beyond what you can imagine."
- Auriela McCarthy

To visit Auriela's Website click here: Auriela McCarthy

Monday, September 21, 2009

A Closer Look at My Priorities

.
Hello, dear friends,

In the last couple of weeks I noticed I was getting antsy. Not my usual, happy, high energy self, which is my normal condition. I wondered what it could be. It was time to pause and to look inward.
So I did.

I took a close look at my priorities. First, I wrote them down, then I tried to arrange them in the order of importance.

The Law of Priorities tells you that if you have your priorities in order, you have a very good chance of getting most of them, or even all of them.
And if your priorities are out of order, your success with creating what you want will be hit and miss.

Staring at my list, I could see it clearly. My priorities were out of order. I was doing too many things, taking on too many projects - all fun and exiting - but as a result, the things that were the most important were not getting the time and attention they needed to get.

For example, I barely had time for writing. No wonder I was feeling so antsy. The new book is trying to come through, I am feeling an insistent call to go back to writing, it gets so intense at times, I can hardly breathe...yet with my current schedule I can't make enough time for it.

I looked at my list and put the book on the top of my priorities.

It is amazing how much you can learn just by putting your list of priorities in order.
It explained to me my ambivalence about adding another night a week - a Wednesday night class, to my schedule, even though I did announce it. And of course it explained the fact that registration for that class has been so uncertain.
The Universe was responding to my own uncertainty.

Does the Wednesday Night Class stay?
I am still not sure. I had a different idea for now.

The Tuesday Night Class continues, of course.
I LOVE doing it and I LOVE my students-teachers.
Not long ago I closed this group to new members.
And yet, last week once again I was reminded of the truth behind the words
"if you want to make God laugh, tell Him YOUR plans."

I was clearly being shown that I needed to be flexible with this decision.

So I re-thought it.
I decided that if the fit is right, occasionally new members can join us.
Growth has no prerequisites, and this work is so Choreographed and guided and has been from the start.

Not by me.
By something much More and Greater.
So with humility, I step aside and trust that the right students will always be part of this group, just as they have been so far.
.

No comments:

ShareThis