"Don't be a realist. Our world needs dreamers. Be an incurable optimist. And see your reality change. See it change beyond what you can imagine."
- Auriela McCarthy

To visit Auriela's Website click here: Auriela McCarthy

Sunday, August 9, 2009

September Program - 12 Classes, Once a Week

.

Event Info

The School of Hope and Inspiration

Tuesday, August 11
Gathering: 6:30PM -7PM
Class: 7PM - 9:30PM

We will meet at the same location
in Southern Marin.

RSVP for address and directions - Auriela@AurielaMcCarthy.com
I appreciate if everyone RSVPs, so I know how many seats we need.
Please, be on time, we will start promptly at 7pm

Here is what I am planning for the coming fall.

In the beginning of September I am starting a program - 12 classes, once a week.
To Stay or to Leave? Getting to the decision that works for you.

So many people, both women and men, spend years this state I call "to stay or to go?" when leaving feels impossible and staying doesn't work either.
I want to help you get to the place when either one of them will work.
The place where you will know what's right for you.

When you are continuously vacillating between leaving and staying, driving yourself insane with doubt, guilt, fear and anger - you are making the situation that is already very difficult much worse. I say that from personal experience. I have spent many years at the end of my first marriage in the exact same state. And it was excruciatingly hard.

In the end, I developed a process that illuminated everything I needed to understand and to accept and the decision that had been impossible was suddenly clear as a day.
If you read The Power of the Possible, you know my story.


When you are faced with a decision that will change everything in your life you are being continuously flooded by feelings that are overwhelming.
Getting to clarity becomes extremely hard.

You may be telling yourself that you want to leave and then discover that you don't, and what you actually want is to make your relationship or marriage work.
Or it can be the other way around.
And even once the decision becomes obvious, you still need tools to be able to follow it with action and even more - you need the tools to be able to go on afterwards.
A very real difficulty, as many of you have discovered.

For those, still unable to move on after the divorce or a bad break-up, regardless of how many years ago it happened, I have developed a process of a step-by-step healing and lifting out of the pain of that past, so that you can go on with your life and have another chance at love and happiness.

Only too often, the pain of ending a relationship and the scars that you are left with interfere with your ability to trust love again. If you have been there, you know what I am talking about.
I want to help you.

This course is clearly not for everyone, since not everyone is dealing with the issue. But many of you do.

This class will be limited to a small number of people, understandably. If you are interested, please contact me soon, I will send you all the details.
Email me at Auriela@AurielaMcCarthy.com

I will post details here later on as well, but the class may be filled by then, so why take the chance?


This week's food for thought is on the subject of sex.

Here is my question for you:

At what point do we owe sex to our partner?

To those of you already clenching your fists getting angry at the very suggestion of "owing" sex to anyone - relax. It is just a question.
It came about after a conversation I had with a dear friend of mine, a man.

The issue is not new.

The thought process goes something like this:

"We are in an exclusive one-on-one relationship. She (he) has lost interest in sex. But what about me? Shouldn't there be an assumed responsibility? An understanding of the other person's needs? A tacit expectation?" She (he) may be not interested, but shouldn't she do it for me?? We are a couple after all..."

As you may suspect, I have a lot of thoughts on the subject. And as always - a rather strong opinion as well :). But. Rather than sharing them with you, I am inviting you to write to me with your ideas and thoughts first.
How do you feel about the situation I described? What has been your own experience? What do you believe is the right way to go?

I will wait for your responses and then I will give you my thoughts, OK?
Please, write. And make sure not to miss next week's letter!

All for now.

See some of you next Tuesday, as always...

Sending you all my love,
Auriela.


P.S. Follow your intuition and if it feels right, forward this to your friends or your family members.

P.P.S. If you don't live in the San Francisco Bay Area, stay with us through these emails and keep sending me your questions. I am planning to do this work via Internet at some point. I will of course let you know when it happens.
.

No comments:

ShareThis